Hopefully many of you are migrating south for the 2012 Annual IIE Conference in Orlando this weekend and into next week. If this is your first annual conference, the speaker and presentation choices can be overwhelming. The Young Professionals have developed a list of 7 events to check out throughout Monday and Tuesday that we believe will be beneficial to Young Professionals.
The full list is below, sorted chronologically. To find out more about these or other presentations going on throughout the conference, visit http://www.iienet2.org/Annual2/Details.aspx?id=13480 and click on the appropriate session links. (Note: all of the items listed below are in the Applied Solutions track, but check out the ISERC schedule and other goings-on!)
- Monday, May 21 – 1:00PM – 1:35PM – Collier Room, Health Systems “Polarity Thinking: Seeing, Mapping and Tapping “Unsolvable Problems” in Healthcare”
- Monday, May 21 – 3:05PM – 3:40PM – Citrus Room, Aerospace & Defense “Human Factors and the Culture of Technology in the Workplace”
- Monday, May 21 – 3:50PM – 4:25PM – Columbia Room, Operations Research “Managing the Highly Variable Demand of Highly Demanding Customers with Analytics”
- Tuesday, May 22 – 7:00AM – 9:15AM – Orange Room, IAB – Industry Advisory Board “Coaching & Advising the Next Generation of IE Leaders: A Panel Discussion”
- Tuesday, May 22 – 1:00PM – 1:35PM – Gilchrist Room, Process Industries “Town Hall Meeting and Panel Discussion – What are the Challenges IEs Face in Process Plants?”
- Tuesday, May 22 – 2:25PM – 3:40PM – Orange Room, IAB – Industry Advisory Board “Managing Your IE Future – Strategies for Success”
- Tuesday, May 22 – 5:15PM – 5:50PM – Floridian Ballroom B, Engineering Management “Guerilla Transformation – Turn and Insurgency into a Movement”
YP Board Members should be in attendance for most or all of these, so come enjoy these events with us!